The right mentor can make all the difference in a world brimming with educational opportunities. Enter the Chung-Ang University Young Scientist Scholarship (CAYSS) Program, your guiding light to a world-class education in the heart of Korea.
1. What is CAYSS?
Established in 2010, CAYSS is an exclusive scholarship program tailored for international graduate students at Chung-Ang University (CAU). It focuses on Engineering, Science, Pharmacy, Nursing, and Medicine students. To ensure we attract the best, we require our scholars to come recommended by one of CAU's esteemed faculty members. Once aboard, you're in for a treat: full tuition waivers and a consistent monthly stipend while indulging in research at CAU’s state-of-the-art labs.
2. Benefits that Matter
- Full tuition waivers for four semesters – no hidden fees!
- A monthly stipend to support your academic journey.
- All you need to be eligible? An academic nod from a full-time CAU faculty member.
3. Commitment to Excellence
We believe in nurturing talent. But as with all great things, there are expectations:
- Maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher each semester.
- Seek approval from your academic advisor every semester to continue enjoying the CAYSS benefits.
- Stay committed: Four semesters for Master's or Doctoral students and eight for those pursuing a joint Master's and Ph.D. degree.
4. Ready to Apply? Here’s How
- Seek the Right Mentor: Identify a potential CAU faculty member aligned with your research interests. Ensure they’re on board and ready to recommend you.
- Open Lines of Communication: Reach out to the faculty members directly. When doing so, keep in mind:
- Research about them beforehand.
- Mention "CAYSS" in the email subject.
- Provide a comprehensive academic background and relevant information.
- Get that Recommendation: If a faculty member agrees to have you as a CAYSS scholar, they must send a recommendation letter to the CAU Office of International Affairs.
- Formal Application: Submit an online application and mail required documents to CAU’s Office of International Affairs.
- The Wait: Our dedicated admissions committee will review applications and reach out during the regular admissions period.
5. Essential Requirements
For non-Korean applicants, language proficiency is key. You'll need to showcase either proficiency in English or Korean. However, this rule has certain exemptions, especially for those who've studied in English-speaking countries or completed certain levels of Korean language courses.
With CAYSS, your dreams are not just valid; they're achievable. Like a guiding mentor, we ensure your educational journey is smooth, beneficial, and transformative. Apply today and embark on a journey of excellence with Chung-Ang University. Your future awaits, and it looks bright!